1. You might have twins if a perfect stranger have ever asked you if your twins are "natural" or if "twins run in your family". I was blessed to have no fertility problems, but many others were not. I don't think people understand what a personal question that is and that it can bring up a very painful time to people.
2. You might have twins if the simple act of leaving your house could be considered an Olympic sport. I know leaving the house with one baby is tough.... but 2! Trying to get out of the house with a HUGE diaper bag, carrying two babies, getting those babies in to two car seats only to find out one is poopy. No fun! I still manage to carry my 2 1 year olds at the same time, but it's getting really difficult!
3. You might have twins if the simple act of changing a poopy diaper is one of the most stressful times of the day. I can't be the only one whose babies find the other baby's poopy diaper fascinating or tries to touch the other baby's poopy butt, or trys to step on the other baby's face. And if they are not busy messing with that, they are across the room doing something they know they are not supposed to do. Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. And with two.... poopy diapers happen twice as often!
4. You might have twins if you take advice from well meaning friends and family and just chuckle to yourself. Clearly you have never tried to give a bath to two 10 month olds by yourself if you think that is an easy way to improve my babies mood.
5. You might have twins if you have masters the art of parenting with all limbs. I have used my legs and feet to rock babies, block babies, bounce babies, and even tickle babies. Raising twins is literally an all hands on deck job (even all feet on deck please!)
6. You might have twins if you hear "my kids are only 18 months apart, I know what you're going through!" and you want to laugh. I'm sorry, but no you don't. It's just not the same.
7. You might have twins if your life is scheduled to the minute. You know what time those babies need to eat and you do not follow the "never wake a sleeping baby rule." You want both those babies to sleep at the same time.
8. You might have twins if you get angry when you see someone at Target using the two seater cart with a 3 year old and a 5 year old while you had to go back to you car and get the stroller and only be able to get half the stuff you needed.... Really?! Your 5 year old can't walk!?
9. You might have twins if you get slightly panicked when you see a play ground. There are so many places to run and hide.... in two different directions.... with two kids.... and there is only one baby swing.... Should I just go home now?
10. You might have twins if you get to count in twos. Two smiles, two giggles, two hugs, two kisses, two sweet babies to wake up every day.
You definitely have twins if you know it is all worth it and the joy of watching their special relationship and hearing them laugh together makes all the extra trouble worth it.
Don't forget to check out their blog. It is a great growing community.