PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

September 16, 2012

Toddler Activity: Sensory Bottles

Today I am doing a guest post with Rebecca over at Let Them Eat Cake.  She has a great blog!  Go check it out!!



This one was a bit more labor intensive than the other activities I have posted, but it was still pretty easy.  I took some old drinking bottles and filled them with all sorts of things for the babies to look at.  They really had a good time with this.

These are the three bottles I made.



The first one I filled with some water, food coloring, and dish soap.  The babies like to shake it up and make it all foamy.



The next one is filled with rice, beans, and pebbles.  I think this one may actually be their favorite.  They love to make noise.... and well this does just that.



The third one I made I put in a few drops of purple glitter paint, some sequins, and filled it up with water.  You can't see the sequins very well, but when you shake it you can see them swirl around inside.  All the glitter is so swirly and it is really fun to watch.  This one was my favorite.  I think older kids would like this one more because it really is neat to watch, but it didn't really hold the babies interest.


They really did have a good time playing with these and it kept them busy for a whole afternoon.  These bottles are now in their everyday toy rotation.  They love to carry them around and shake them up.

No Penny.... These bottles aren't in fact for drinking anymore! :)





Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10 comments:

  1. This was such a great post and a wonderful and easy idea to do for the children. Thanks so much for letting me share it with my readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Also I love the last picture of penny! Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother-in-law made one of these for my boys with rice, lentils, and penne pasta. I never thought about dish soap! They would totally get a kick out of the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! It's wonderful to find things for the little ones to do. I just hope the caps don't pop off.

    Visiting from the Mommy Moments hop and already one of your followers,
    Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found you through the Mommy Moment's Hop and I'm your newest follower! I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Christie
    http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary! Thanks for the follow. Right back at ya! Your littles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! My baby loves water bottles. In fact, on Sunday at church we were sitting in the upstairs balcony so she could crawl around play, and she decided to grab a friend's water bottle from under their chair & was entertained for most of the service. I will DEFINITELY be trying this today if I can come up with a spare bottle somewhere around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My little guy loves sensory activities and had something like this in his class last year and it was favourite among many! Looks like your little ones love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see that you are putting a lot of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work.Some really helpful information in there. Nice to see your site. Thanks!

    750Ml Screw Top Bottles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...