PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

August 16, 2012

Twin Nursery

I'm joining up again today with multi mommas.  This week we are talking about our nurseries.

I was so excited about my nursery.  I had it all planned out.  We have all kinds of woodland creatures and I thought it would be very suited for a boy and a girl.  I had it all organized and planned.  I love the new woodland creature looks.  I had owls and squirrels and turtles and even a hedgehog.  I thought they were so cute!

When I was pregnant sometimes I would just go and sit in the nursery and read pregnancy book and fight the urge to put my cat in a onesie.  I loved it in there.  I could just picture me gently rocking the babies nursing both of them gently singing lullabyes.  Life didn't turn out quite as picturesque.  I love the quite moments we had in there and I will always treasure them, but it definitely wasn't the romantic picture I had in mind.  There was more grogginess than I thought there would be.






Sadly, the nursery has never looked this clean and organized again.  I just don't understand how one can have a clean nursery.  When I am able to clean it they are sleeping in it and if I attempt to clean it while they are up it looks worse than when I started most of the time.

So now picture these, but toss in some piles of clothes, some toys on the floor, cribs that have teeth marks all other them, and bins of clothes to be donated or stored somewhere besides our apartment.  It definitely has a "lived in look". 

But our nursery started out precious and organized.  I have the pictures to prove it! Check out other twin nurseries and link up!


Multi Mommas

10 comments:

  1. Awww...I love your nursery! I'm doing a woodland theme for Declan and I was wondering where did you get your mobile? I'm having the hardest time finding stuff for that theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Cat in onesie! Now that would make a good vlog! And oh my goodness, lived in look. Yes. And outgrown clothes to be sorted/given away? Bane of my existence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nursery is soo cute! Ours was never that organized once my daughter came along either. It was nice while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO sweet! Also I'm pretty sure pre-baby is the best any nursery has every looked. Once the kiddo is here there's really no need or time to fold the onsies *just* so and in order of color and size hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, it really is a beautiful nursery. I love the unisex theme and then the more feminine and masculine cribs. It's funny because I remember waiting for my daughter and having all these dreamy notions of singing lullabies and rocking in the rocking chair etc. too lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw, I passed an award onto you, go here if you want to accept it. :)

      http://crazymamasblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-liebster-blog-award.html

      Delete
  6. I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! I think your blog deserves the recognition! Check out the details at my blog: http://canigetanotherbottleofwhine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And go you for finding such a great theme for boy & girl together! I would like to do something like this in my daughter's room--good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nursery is so cute. I always thought it would be pretty difficult to decorate a b/g nursey- but you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your 100th follower!!! Love your nursery especially the owl print. I think I saw one similar at Target. Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...