PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

July 17, 2012

Part 3. My Must have Cloth Diaper Accesories

So we all know there is a lot more to changing a diaper than just the diaper.  You got the wipes and the ointments and the diaper pails.  There is a lot.  Cloth diapering is no different.  I have tried a few things and here are me favorites from trial and error.




 My First favorite is the diaper sprayer.  This is a simple sprayer that attaches to the back of your toilet.  It's great!  It makes life (and poopy diapers) mush easier.



Here are a few other goodies.  First I tried to use regular wipes because cloth wipes seemed like a pain in the butt.  So basically I would have a pail of diapers to wash and a waste basket full of poopy wipes. Yuck!  So I went to flannel wipes and what we refer to as butt spray.  Simple spray it in the tushie and wipe is off and thow it all in the diaper pail to be washed.  Easy!  Finding ointment to work with cloth diapers can be tricky.  Ben is a baby who gets lots of rashes.  Desitin and Butt Paste seemed to stay on the diaper and mess with the absorbency.  So I did some research.  Bert's Bees baby ointment works great, and it doesn't hurt your diapers.  It is kind of expensive, but it lasts.  I am still on my first tub.  I also have my planet-wise diaper pail liner in the pic.  I mean the pail liner is even cute.  I use Rock n Green for hard water.  At first I was just using whatever I use.  Then I noticed they were starting to stay smelly.   So I hopped back online for a little research and found out hard water can cause this.  I changed to this detergent special made for diapers and I use the one for hard water.  I has totally clear up the smelly issue.  I am a big fan.



My diaper drying system.  The best drying rack there is.  I live in an apartment, so this is a super space saver.  I love it!  It is on our shower rod almost daily.

Ok I thought I needed some baby pictures.  Here are the twins newborn pictures in their cute diapers.  Too many posts with out babies is no good.
 

Stay tuned for our next installment tomorrow.  I will address some on the things that have come up in comments.  If you have anything to ask please do.  I will try my best to help.  I will also share some tips and funny stories.  Please some back!

The diaper series
Part 1: Why I chose cloth diapers
Part 2: My favorite brands and why
Part 3: My must have accessories
Part4:  What I learned from cloth diapering twins, tips and anecdotes

5 comments:

  1. I loooove our diaper sprayer! Flushable diaper liners have also been a big help for us also. Great post!! Can't wait to read the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I am dying at how cute those babies are in their dipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your next post!

    I nominated you for a fun blog award. Go check it out, when you get the chance. :) http://levinerlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find that drying "rack"?! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one of those diaper sprayers too and it's AMAZING! Especially for those messy newborn diapers :P Your babies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...