PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

April 13, 2012

Still surprised I have twins

I know it's odd to say it, but I am still surprised I have twins! I am with them everyday taking care of them so you would think I would be used to it by now, but no. There are times when I look at both of them and I think to myself " Oh my gosh! I have twins!".

I am often asked if twins run in my family, and my most common answer is that they do now! Twins run in the maternal line and there are no fraternal twins there. So I am the first. And it was such a shock!! Don't get me wrong I completely love both of them and wouldn't have it any other way. They bring so much joy to my life, but with that joy comes the hardest work I have ever known!! I like to say now that I have kind of half-assed my way through life. I was always decent at school with out trying. I was always a good worker but never really went above and beyond. It is almost like god said " You want to half-ass your life? Here have twins, half-ass that!!". I look at moms even fellow moms of twins who seem to have it so together clean house, dinner on the table, and time to spare. I have no idea how they do it. My day starts at 630 and finally ends around 1030 and maybe I got to relax for an hour. All that and my house is still a mess. Between prepping meals, feeding meals and cleans up after meals. I feel like I only have a short amount of time to get other things done. Usually everything else is one with one baby attached to me. They nap for an hour if I'm lucky so that is marathon speed cleaning but there is always more. So here is to the moms who can do it all and to them I say someday.... Someday...

Not to complain the whole blog, because I do love my life and I really do have the two cutest babies in the world! And really they are easy going babies, so I have that going for me. And really it is so neat watching them grow and become individuals already. So yes sometimes I am overwhelmed and get caught up in things that I think should be done, but at the end of every night when I sneak in to take a peak at those beautiful babies it is all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...